The Four Seasons Daycation Experience, AKA Heaven
Do you have a 7-week-old?
Heck, even a whining coworker qualifies.
What I’m asking is, is there anyone in your life who’s zapping a little–or a lot–of your energy lately?
If the answer is “yes,” (and I’m gonna bet it is), then you know what I think, my friend?
You need a daycation.
Since Webster’s hasn’t yet technically agreed that this is a word, allow me to define it for you: Heaven.
Or, for me, a brief and blessed respite from the daily shenanigan of the family circus.
I love the tiny people in my house fiercely, but when the Four Seasons Resort Orlando reached out with the opportunity to cover their new Daycation Experience, I’ll give you one guess as to who immediately packed her flip flops in a bag and bolted there.
In addition to getting to experience the resort spa amenities, pools and restaurants for the day, I also got to hang out with some pretty fabulous fellow Orlando bloggers who were also there to cover the event.
We arrived in the morning and immediately gathered in the spa lounge, where we got to chill for a little while before heading out to break a sweat.
So what did we do? Relaxed and took some snaps, of course 😀 :
Then we headed out to the Barefoot Body Sculpt class with our trainer, Vicki, whose Australian (I think?) accent was so lovely, it almost tricked me into thinking she wasn’t also kinda kicking my butt.
The class used your own body weight as resistance, and with the help of an exercise ball and some free weights, we got in a serious workout.
After that, what else is there to do but put some calories back in, in the most delicious way? We grabbed lunch at PB&G while overlooking the gorgeous lake on the property, and I got some green tea, the ahi tuna salad and … the Whoopie Pie for dessert. [Insert shrug.] Clearly I’m a big believer in balance.
For my spa treatment, I chose a massage, which was actual heaven. (Have you had a scalp massage ever? BECAUSE HEAVEN.)
And when you spend time in the spa lounge, there is a spread of delicious snacks and hot teas to chill out with before and after your treatment.
Wanna give the Daycation Experience a whirl yourself? Here’s what the Four Seasons includes for $285:
- Choice of 80-minute Classic Massage, 80-minute La Floridian body treatment, or 80-minute Signature Radiance Facial at The Spa at Four Seasons
- USD 35 credit toward lunch at PB&G, the Resort’s lakeside Southern-inspired restaurant, featuring many healthy salads, rotisserie chicken, fresh Florida seafood and more
- Access to the expansive Spa amenities, complete with his-and-hers separate facilities each including a steam room, outdoor whirlpool, experience shower, ice fountain, spacious locker rooms and vanity area
- Access to the Spa relaxation areas, including indoor and outdoor co-ed tranquility lounges, plus co-ed solarium with zero gravity wave lounger chairs, perfect for post-treatment relaxation
- Access to the state-of-the-art Fitness Center and admission to any fitness classes offered on day of visit
All in all, it was an awesome day, and the hospitality and amenities at the Four Seasons are top notch.
I’m not saying that I plan on running away and taking up permanent residence there, but if I’m missing from camp drop-off for more than one day, you may want to immediately check the pool at the Four Seasons.